|Order Number/Date||Railroad||Road Number||Weight||Length||Seat||Notes|
|093- 9/1910||SPCo.||#45||30T||70′||62||Laid Aside 1/1939, used as Paint Shop in Roseville.|
Photo courtesy of Michael J. Semas Collection
Southern Pacific #45 was built in September of 1910, as a 70′, 30 ton, 62 passenger motor car. This car was converted to a all passenger motor car in December of 1925, and was later used as a paint shop in Roseville after being vacated in 1939.
Photo Courtesy of Madison Kirkman, M.M.C.C.H.S.
Photo of #45, likely at Diamond Springs. This car would haul a trailer car from Sacramento on this line, but would leave it at Folsom, to then finish the run to Placerville.
Southern Pacific #45 in Sacramento at the “Gas Station” filling up before a run on July 26th, 1935 next to a rare “Silk and Tea” Car. 50 of these cars were built for S.P. by their general shops in Sacramento.